National TV Debuts, No. 1 singles, RIAA Certifications, Songwriting Honors, World Tour, Looking Ahead to First Career Headlining Tour for 2018
Preparing for First Career Headlining Tour REASON TO DRINK TOUR Launches in February 2018
Fourth Annual DOWN HOME TOUR Kicks off January 2018 – Already SOLD OUT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (December 13, 2017) – Cole Swindell, the Platinum-selling 10-time No. 1 hit singer/songwriter, is wrapping up another career defining year. However, there will be little downtime as he will be preparing for his already sold-out Down Home Tour which kicks off January 11, 2018 and his just announced first major career headlining tour – Reason To Drink Tour – which launches February 15, 2018 with special guests Chris Janson and Lauren Alaina.
In 2017 Swindell has celebrated career milestones including his debut performances on The Ellen Degeneres Show and The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon; releasing his 7th career single and seeing it through to becoming his record-breaking 7th consecutive No. 1 single; performing “Flatliner” with his friend/mentor Dierks Bentley on both 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards and ABC’s CMA Fest Special; PLATINUMâ RIAA certification for “Middle of a Memory” and GOLDâ RIAA certification of his sophomore album You Should Be Here; touring in 2017 with his friend/mentor Dierks Bentley’s What The Hell World Tour to finally getting to announce his very first major career headlining tour for 2018.
“What an amazing and incredible year it’s been,” said Swindell. “I’m rarely at a loss for words, but when I sit down to think about what we have gotten to do and what we have accomplished I honestly can’t put in to words how I feel. I have the best team and band around me and the best fans supporting me. I am so fired up for 2018 and the launch of my first headlining tour! Can’t get here fast enough!”
2017 career highlights for Swindell included:
- Released his 7th Career Single “Flatliner” featuring his friend/mentor Dierks Bentley
- Toured with Dierks Bentley’s WHAT THE HELL WORLD TOUR 2017
- “Middle of a Memory,” his 6th No. 1 and third single from You Should Be Here certified PLATINUMâ by the RIAA making each of his first six singles having not only all gone to No. 1 on the country charts but have all been certified by the RIAA for reaching Gold (500,000+) and five of the six reaching Platinum (1,000,000) status.
- Nominated for CMT VIDEO OF THE YEAR for “Middle of a Memory”
- Sophomore album You Should Be Here certified GOLDâ by the RIAA
- Performed “Flatliner” with Dierks Bentley on the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards telecast live on CBS
- USA Today and Tennessean world premiered his video “Flatliner”
- “Flatliner” hits No. 1 and becomes his record-breaking 7th consecutive No. 1 single, his 6th No. 1 video and 10th No. 1 song as a songwriter
- Performs “Flatliner” with Dierks Bentley on ABC’s “CMA Fest” TV Special
- Earns his Fifth RIAA Platinum-certified single for “Middle of a Memory”
- Released 8th career single “Stay Downtown,” – the fourth single from sophomore album You Should Be Here
- Performed new single “Stay Downtown” on The Ellen Degeneres Show
- Performed “Stay Downtown” on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Headlined the Stay Downtown at Tootsie’s 57th Birthday Bash on Lower Broadway in downtown Nashville, TN for Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, the most famous honky-tonk in the world
- Released his Down Home Sessions IV EP, a collection of new music for his fans. This fourth installment he takes it back to how he got started in this business – as a songwriter. The EP includes his stripped-down acoustic version of the songs he wrote for other artists including Luke Bryan, Thomas Rhett, Florida Georgia Line and Craig Campbell
- Down Home Sessions IV EP released in advance of his upcoming already sold-out fourth annual Down Home Tour kicking off January 2018
- Announced his first career headlining tour – Reason To Drink Tour – with special guests and two of country music’s biggest rising stars Chris Janson and Lauren Alaina. Launching FEBRUARY 2018!!
- Warner Music Nashville Chairman and CEO John Esposito says “Cole Swindell is the quintessential ‘complete artist’” and “a long term supertar in country music!”
COLE SWINDELL’S DOWN HOME TOUR – SOLD OUT! Jan 11 Athens, GA Georgia Theatre
Jan 12 Savannah, GA The Stage on Bay
Jan 18 Knoxville, TN Cotton Eyed Joe
Jan 19 Tuscaloosa, AL Druid City Music Hall
Jan 25 Chicago, IL Joe’s Bar
Jan 26 Oxford, OH Brick Street Bar
Jan 27 Charlottesville, VA Jefferson Theater
^with special guest Morgan Evans
Cole Swindell’s Reason To Drink Tour – Launching February 2018
February 15 Allentown, PA PPL Center
February 16 Manchester, NH SNHU Arena
February 17 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
February 22 Brookings, SD Swiftel Center
February 23 Madison, WI The Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center
February 24 Columbia, MO Mizzou Arena
March 2 Hershey, PA Giant Center
March 3 Kingston, RI Ryan Center
March 8 Asheville, NC U.S. Cellular Center Asheville
March 9 Fayetteville, NC Crown Coliseum
March 10 Columbia, SC Colonial Life Arena
March 15 Saginaw, MI Dow Event Center
March 16 Kalamazoo, MI Wings Event Center
March 17 Bloomington, IL Grossinger Motors Arena
March 22 Huntington, WV The Big Sandy Superstore Arena
March 23 Roanoke, VA Berglund Center
March 24 Corbin, KY The Corbin Arena
April 6 Temecula, CA The Summit at Pechango Casino
April 7 Los Angeles, CA Greek Theater
^with special guests Chris Janson and Lauren Alaina
To purchase tickets go to www.ColeSwindell.com.
Click HERE for Cole Swindell’s Down Home Sessions Playlist.
ABOUT COLE SWINDELL:
In just over three years since he made his debut on Warner Bros. Records, Swindell has racked up an impressive and incomparable record-breaking SEVEN No. 1 singles (the only solo artist in the history of the Country Aircheck/Mediabase to top the charts with first seven singles); 10 No. 1 singles as a songwriter; one 1 billion audience reaching single (“You Should Be Here”), five Platinum singles; one Gold single; a Platinum-certified debut album; a Gold-certified sophomore album (You Should Be Here) as well as numerous SONGWRITING honors and awards including being the reigning NSAI Songwriter/Artist of the Year (2016), winning two CMA Triple Play Awards in both 2015 and 2016 (for penning three No. 1 songs in a 12 month span) and Music Row’s Breakthrough Songwriter of the Year during his debut (2015). This year, Swindell has performed his 7th career No. 1 single “Flatliner,” which features his mentor/friend and 2017 WHAT THE HELL WORLD TOUR mate Dierks Bentley, on the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards telecast live on CBS and again this summer for the “CMA Fest” special that aired this summer on ABC Television. Since launching his career in 2014, Swindell has toured with the biggest superstars in country music including Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, Dierks Bentley and has sold out his previous three Down Home Tours and is embarking in January 2018 on his fourth sold out Down Home Tour in support of his Down Home Session IV EP just released November 24. In February, Swindell hits the road for his first career headlining tour – Reason To Drink Tour. Joining him on tour are two of country music’s biggest rising stars Chris Janson and Lauren Alaina.