RIAA Announces Luke Has More Certified Digital Singles
Than Any Other Country Artist with 40 Million
Luke to Perform on Good Morning America and
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on December 8 and
The Ellen DeGeneres Show on December 12
Luke’s Good Morning America Performance will be Broadcast Live
from Opry City Stage in Times Square
Nashville – Dec. 1, 2017 – Four-time Entertainer of the Year winner and American Idol judge Luke Bryan releases his sixth studio album on Dec. 8 on Capitol Records Nashville, What Makes You Country, with new RIAA certifications and television appearances on Good Morning America, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Luke says with the release of the new album, “I’ve gotten to follow all my dreams and still remain true to who I am as a person. I just try to go in the studio and record music that makes me happy, makes me feel something and makes me emotional at times. Songs that I visualize my crowd reacting to.” In referencing the meaning behind the album’s title track he shares, “what makes me country is where I was raised in Leesburg, Georgia. I was brought up with manners and raised with a work ethic that has played an important role to where I am today.”
RIAA recently announced new certifications and Luke now has more certified digital singles than any other country artist with 40 Million tracks and his album certifications grow to 12 Million.
On Friday, Dec. 8, Luke will perform new songs from What Makes You Country on Good Morning America and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. His GMA appearance will be broadcast live from Opry City Stage, a four-level live music and dining space located in the heart of Times Square. Luke becomes the first superstar to perform in the Opry’s first “home away from home” since its opening. On Dec. 12 Luke will return to The Ellen DeGeneres Show, his second appearance since announcing his 2018 “What Makes You Country Tour” on the show in late October.
What Makes You Country was produced by Jeff Stevens and Jody Stevens and contains 15 songs, seven of them co-written by Luke including the title track. The album’s lead single “Light It Up,” written by Luke and Old Dominion member Brad Tursi, is the follow up to his 18th career No. 1 single and sixth No. 1 from his Kill The Lights album. With this feat, Luke made Billboard chart history as the only artist in the 27-year history of the Billboard Country Airplay chart to garner six No. 1 singles from one album. Luke’s tailgates & tanlines and Crash My Party albums both generated five No. 1 singles.
What Makes You Country track listing:
- What Makes You Country – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- Out Of Nowhere Girl – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley
- Light It Up – Luke Bryan, Brad Tursi
- Most People Are Good – David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear
- Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset – Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill
- Bad Lovers – Justin Wilson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman
- Drinking Again – David Lee Murphy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren
- Land Of A Million Songs – Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens
- Like You Say You Do – Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Ashley Gorley
- Hooked On It – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, David Lee Murphy
- She’s A Hot One – Michael Carter, Chase McGill
- Hungover In A Hotel Room – Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear
- Pick It Up – Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson, Matthew Dragstrem
- Driving This Thing – Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jody Stevens
- Win Life – Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Nicolle GalyonAbout Luke Bryan
- Visit www.LukeBryan.com or follow Luke on Twitter @LukeBryanOnline, Instagram and Facebook
- Country music superstar Luke Bryan is a two-time Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year, a five-time host of the ACM Awards and the 2017 Super Bowl LI National anthem performer. He has sold over 12 million albums, 40 million tracks with three Billion music streams. He has had 18 career No. 1 singles, 10 of which he co-wrote, and has headlined arena tours and sold-out stadiums across the U.S. He wrapped his “Huntin’, Fishin’, And Lovin’ Every Day Tour” in October performing to 1.5million fans this year.